Children & Youth Program: After-School Sessions
Our LEAD programs for Children & Youth are designed to provide newcomer children and youth with a safe and fun medium to meet new friends, learn about their new community, and develop leadership skills.
Program sessions offered include:
This is a co-ed (girls and boys) program for newcomer children ages 7 to 11
Youth-In-Transition (YIT) Girls
This is a girls only program for ages 12-14.
Who Can Participate?
- Permanent Resident children/youth ages 7-14
- Living in Canada for less than 18 months
- Priority is given to Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) and Privately Sponsored Refugees (PSRs)
- Have not previously participated in our Children/Youth programs
- Intake Times: ongoing intake
- To register for this program, please complete the registration form available at our main office
- All IWS programs are provided FREE of charge
The After-School & Weekend sessions are available from September to March