LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT AND REFERRAL CENTRE (LARC)
The Language Assessment and Referral Centre (LARC) Saskatchewan program provides free language assessments and referrals to federally funded language programs (LINC). Language assessments are currently available in Saskatoon, Regina and Prince Albert.
- Assessment of language skills using the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLB-PT) and the Canadian Language Benchmarks Literacy Placement Test (CLB-LPT)
- Needs Assessment and Consultation
- Referrals to Federally Funded language programs in Saskatoon (LINC)
- Care for Newcomer Children (CNC); short term care is available to clients and their children
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Clients must be Permanent Residents. Proof of Permanent Residence is required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be ready to start attending classes in Saskatoon at the time of assessment
- Note: The LARC does not provide free assessments for the purpose of academic enrolment and citizenship application
To book an appointment for a language assessment, contact the LARC Saskatchewan program offices: