SUMMER PROGRAMS (July-August)
Our Summer programs for Children & Youth are designed to provide newcomer children and youth with a safe and fun space to meet new friends, learn about their new community, and develop leadership skills.
We are accepting registrations for the July 2- August 22, 2019, Summer Programs.
The deadline to apply is June 14, 2019.
This is a co-ed (girls and boys) program for newcomer children ages 7 to 11.
Youth-In-Transition (YIT) Girls
This is a girls' participation and leadership program designed to create equitable opportunities for newcomer girls ages 12 to 16.
Youth-In-Transition (YIT) Boys
This is a leadership development program for newcomer boys ages 12 to 16.
- Sports, Games, Recreation
- ESL classes
- Arts and Crafts
- Tours and Field Trips
- Fundraising / Community Connections
- Basic Life skills / Self-Care workshops
- And much more!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Permanent Resident children/youth ages 7-16
- Living in Canada for 18 months or less
- Priority is given to Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) and Privately Sponsored Refugees (PSRs)
- Must be available for the entire duration of the program (July and August)
- Returning clients are not eligible
- Registration Deadline: June 14, 2019
- Complete the registration form at our main office
- This program is provided FREE of charge