WEEKEND PROGRAMS (September-March)
Our Weekend programs for Children & Youth are designed to provide newcomer children and youth with a safe and fun space to meet new friends, learn about their new community, and develop leadership skills.
This is a co-ed (girls and boys) program for newcomer children ages 7 to 11.
Youth-In-Transition (YIT) Girls
This is a girls' participation and leadership program designed to create equitable opportunities for newcomer girls ages 12 to 16.
- Field Trips
- Life/work skills learning workshops
- EAL/ESL classes
- Public speaking and presentation workshops
- Leadership development workshops
- Community connections activities
- Indoor/outdoor recreation and leisure activities
- Mentorship and volunteering
- And much more!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Permanent Resident children/youth ages 7-16
- Living in Canada for 2 years or less
- Priority is given to Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) and Privately Sponsored Refugees (PSRs)
- Have not previously participated in our Children/Youth programs
- Intake Times: ongoing intake
- Complete the registration form at our main office
- This program is provided FREE of charge